Conor McGregor Pleaded Guilty For Disorderly Conduct, Will Attend Anger Management Classes


Conor Mcgregor Escapes Felony Charges, That Mean No Jail Time For Bus Melee

The UFC’s first “champ champ” Conor McGregor appeared in a New York court on Thursday and finally settled on a plea deal with the Brooklyn prosecutors for his infamous bus attack that relatively sabotaged UFC 223, damaged public transport and left people injured.

McGregor, who had hired lawyers from top U.S law firm Cozen O’Connor to represent him in his legal troubles, fortunately, escaped serious felony charges for his vicious attack. Instead, the Irishman did plead guilty for disorderly conduct. Hence, he was sentenced to attend anger management classes and to do five days of community service. The international icon has also been asked by the Brooklyn prosecutor to pay for the damages done to the bus.

After accepting the plea deal terms, McGregor’s travel visa will have no effect and means Irishman will receive no jail time and will not have a criminal record. As well three orders of protections were also served against McGregor that mean he isn’t allowed to be near fellow fighters Ray Borg and Michael Chiesa until July 2020.

“The Notorious” Conor McGregor seemed content with the punishment and later gave a brief statement to the media and press. In his statement, “Mystic Mac” was grateful to the District Attorney and to the judge as well for allowing him to move forward in life. He also went on to thank his family, friends, and fans for their unconditional love and support.

Here’s the statement issued by Conor McGregor after accepting a plea deal:

I just want to say I am thankful to the DA and the judge for allowing me to move forward, I want to say to my friends, my family, my fans, thank you for the support. Thank you.


Mcgregor’s manager Audie Attar also released the statement after the conclusion of court hearing:

“Now that this has passed us, we can focus on things that have been on hold for some time,” manager Audie Attar said (via MMA Fighting). “Conor’s been training, he’s in shape, he’s ready to go. So now it’s just about getting back to business, and we hope to have some news to announce very soon.”

McGregor was previously involved in a violent bus attack during the UFC 223 media day back in April. McGregor and about twenty other people were let into the Barclays Centre by journalists from The Mac Life (McGregor’s promotional team). They went on to vandalize the parking lot and the bus in which Khabib Nurmagomedov and some other fighters were traveling. McGregor was also caught on camera throwing a dolly at the bus’ window, injuring UFC lightweight Michael Chiesa in the process.

This attack was apparently in retaliation to Nurmagomedov slapping McGregor’s close friend and training partner Artem Lobov.

While McGregor has certainly gotten away with lenient punishments, he will surely be further sued by fighters such as Chiesa who were injured due to his actions.

Now Mcgregor is free to return to Octagon, he last fought inside the UFC cage back in 2016 at UFC 205 when he won the light heavyweight title after defeating Eddie Alvarez. In 2017, he went to debut in a highly anticipated boxing match against Floyd Mayweather but ended up losing via 10th round stoppage.

Following the news of Mcgregor being free of charges, Khabib Nurmagomedov challenges Irishman and his team for November clash via social media post:

Stay up-to-date with the latest MMA news, rumors, and updates by following the RED Monster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. Also, don't forget to add MiddleEasy to your Google News feed Follow us on Google News for even more coverage.


Leave a Comment