What is an UFC pay-per-view in 2018? The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill is free but UFC PPVs now go for $65.00 dollars here in US. UFC 222 from top to bottom was a interesting card but was it worth 65 of your hard earned dollars?
UFC 222 felt like seven or eight Fox Sports Fight Night main events crammed all on to one card. Can a card be deep but not be stacked? When there is so much free sports and entertainment content available, how long can the UFC keep the PPV business model alive with UFC 222 level events?
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Contemplate how to best spend $65.00 on food, drugs, or entertainment and then check out your post-UFC 222 Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Rumors have come from both sides that Chuck Liddell to Bellator is a done deal or it’s no deal at all. Sources say if Liddell signs with Bellator it will be for a three fight deal and some kind spokesperson role there after. If the Liddell-Bellator deal closes it will be announced next month by the promotion.
- The next rumor to follow Cris Cyborg is that UFC women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes will be pulled off her fight with Raquel Pennington at UFC 224 and instead move up for a super-fight over the summer. If Pennington pulls out of the bout with an undisclosed injury then Cyborg would again fight another natural 135er for her UFC 145er belt.
- Despite rumors to the contrary neither Frankie Edgar or Cat Zingano will retire following loses at UFC 222. Though both fighters have been rumored to switch weight classes moving forward even before their defeats at UFC 222.
- Early internal projections from inside the UFC during fight week, show UFC 222 doing worst than expected at the box office and on PPV. The final UFC 222 buy-rate may be the lowest for the promotion in over 10 years.
- Reports are beginning to surface of UFC heavyweight contender Travie Browne working out at the WWE Performance Center in Florida. With Ronda Rousey already signed to the WWE, speculation has begun of Browne getting a tryout with the WWE sooner or later if he wants to pursue that path.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.