There is no such thing as a quite week in mixed martial arts anymore. The post-UFC 200 lull had less than 48 hours to go into effect before the MMA community was slapped across with more news, controversies and rumors.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
When the lights go and the rest of the world is asleep, these rumors walk the streets at night. Here is your fresh SMRM.
- Maybe a return sooner then we think? There were talks of Ronda Rousey facing off with the winner of Tate-Nunes at the end of UFC 200 and these discussions were had internally for weeks. When Rousey does come back expect an immediate title shot
- Saving fight cards is normal. Anderson Silva was rumored to have been paid upwards of $6 million for his last minute fight with Daniel Cormier at UFC 200
- With no official word yet from the UFC, WWE or USADA talks are swirling on what exactly got Brock Lesnar flagged during his UFC 200 pre-fight drug test. Salmeterol from a Bronchodilator or some other non-recreational substance appears to be the current leaders in the clubhouse per inside sources
- The fighter, the kid and the Bellator? Spike TV and Bellator higher ups recently tried to sign former UFC fighter Brendan Schaub. However, Schaub refused and will continue his retired status.
- Even though there are zero indications the McMahon family are looking to sell the WWE, the UFC deal did raise eyebrows around the wrestling company’s world headquarters. Several sources now estimate the value of WWE to be the mid-$3 billion dollar range, should Vince McMahon have a change of heart.
- Suddenly Rory is the prettiest dude at the bar. Both Bellator and ONE FC executives are officially communicating with Team Rory MacDonald in an attempt to sign him to a fight-contract. MacDonald is young, exciting and viewed by both promotions as someone who could headlined international events for them
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.