Was Ben Askren’s UFC career a boom or bust? Askren getting choked out on Saturday is like MMA Rumors.
Askren’s UFC run is subjective as it gets. Like so many things at the end of the day, sucks to say this, but the four billion dollar company won. The UFC won the twilight of Askren’s MMA career.
Score another one for big business. Hooray?
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
- Prior to his latest loss, rumors swirled Ben Askren was contemplating retirement. Askren’s goal heading into the UFC was title shot or bust, the money was only bonus. With two losses in the books, rumors are Askren may retire after one more fight.
- Another retirement shouldn’t come as surprise, is that of Rory MacDonald. Already leaning into hanging up the gloves, rumor is Bellator expects MacDonald to retire in 2020.
- New week, new Conor McGregor rumors. The latest is a rumored hiccup on opponents. UFC has Cowboy Cerrone and Frankie Edgar in mind, while Team McGregor wants a bigger comeback fight.
- Huge if true but Nate Diaz was really ready to walk away from the UFC; again. Rumor is Las Vegas was in a panic and pulled an all nighter to try to smooth things over with Team Diaz.
- Over in WWE, Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez goes down this week. Rumors point to Brock retaining his title as Cain goes under the knife and trains some more under WWE’s watch.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.