Sony started out slow, real slow. So slow that I thought Microsoft was running away with this whole E3 thing. Then, one after another, awesome feature after awesome feature got announced.
- $399 – $100 bucks less than Xbox
- You don’t have to check in online on the PS4
- The Kinect isn’t looking at you
- Kingdom Hearts 3 and an HD remake of the originals
- The full backing of Square
- About a billion awesome looking indie games
- Multiplayer now looks to be on Playstation Plus, a paid service, like Xbox Live, but you get some free games every month as a member. NEW games. Not 4-year-old games
- Infamous. Naughty Dog, and probably the best exclusives in the biz
It’s telling so many indie devs are onboard with Sony. Could it be the ridiculous $50,000 an update Microsoft charges to bug fix? Games like FEZ can’t even be fixed because of Microsoft’s red tape, and Sony definitely came off as the kinder, gentler, pure gaming experience we know of. Man, this is going to be a very difficult holiday season for my wallet and brain.
Oh yeah… One more point, made below in this video:
PS4 will fully support used games, for better or worse. Shots. Fired.