Are Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz still fighting? Because they really should never stop fighting each other. UFC 196 set the bar “Joe Rogan drug test level” high, yet Diaz and McGregor still managed to casually step over it as they punched each other in the face.
What a fight. What an event. What a time for some MMA rumors to be alive.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
Grab your favorite MMA branded vape pen, chill out because this is your post-UFC 202 Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
- The next step for Fight Pass and the UFC may be a gigantic one. Seeing the success the WWE has had with the WWE Network, behind the scenes the UFC is discussing adding a channel featuring a 24-hour a day stream of scheduled MMA programming. The “UFC Network” would run both original programming, live events and replays of the best Fight Pass has archived
- Throughout fight week, rumors had circulated in Las Vegas that Conor McGregor may have dealt with a lower body injury heading into the main event of UFC 202 with Nate Diaz
- As rumored weeks ago, Jon Jones and team are very confident; his battle with USADA will be won. A phrase linked to the case looks to have something with a personal use exemption that may come into play, in favor of the former UFC champion
- Early WWE had scripts written for SummerSlam had guest appearances that included for both Paige VanZant and The Muppets. After the first run through VanZant and her team declined the offer and decided to focus on her next fight instead
- Huge if true. GLORY Featherweight Champion Gabriel Varga is in serious talks about crossing over into MMA full time. Varga and his team are in preliminary talks with UFC officials about kick starting a run in the cage
- Early estimates across the board have UFC 202 trending over 1 million pay per view buys. Despite competition from the Olympics and the NFL, the momentum built from UFC 196 looks to have helped push Diaz vs. McGregor 2 into elite PPV status
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.