Folks, we can’t make this stuff up. Take a look at the titles of the past few Aleksander Emelianenko articles to see what the most interesting man in MMA has been up to (sorry Chael):
- Aleksander Emelianenko demanded liquor, tried to fight passengers, smoked in an airplane, resulting in a fine of $22
- Aleksander Emelianenko decided the only way he and Sergei Kharitonov can settle their beef is an old-fashioned finger-slicing bet
- Aleksander Emelianenko is singing in front of a live audience and no one knows why
- Aleksander Emelianenko was tested for hepatitis and we have the results…
- Aleksander Emelianenko lost two teeth while FIGHTING A BULL on a game show
This is an actual person living this life. You could put a team of Hollywood writers in a room for an entire month and they still wouldn’t be able to create something as eclectic as Aleksander’s life. We didn’t even tell you about his retirement and subsequent decision to live on top of a mountain in Greece to bake bread and chill out with priests. Perhaps it’s better that Aleksander tell you in this press release statement on ProFC’s website (via Sherdog).
“I have spent the last few months in an Orthodox monastery on Mount Athos in Greece and had many conversations with the elders and priests there,” the 31-year-old stated in a release on the promotion’s website. “I communicated a lot with Elijah, the confessor of our Metropolitan, and he gave me the advice and the blessings to return to the sport. I have since signed a long-term contract [with ProFC] and soon, tentatively in the summer, you will see my debut inside their cage.”
So what’s the over/under that our next Aleksander Emelianenko headline will involve aliens, the new Pope, and(or) Freemasonry/The Illuminati?