Happy Mother’s Day. The best gift you can get your mom this year is unconditional love and the acknowledge that being a parent is tough as hell. The second best gift you can give the woman who gave birth to your MMA loving ass is the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Hug a mom today, even if it’s not yours, probably partake in a brunch or BBQ, then dive into the warm embrace that is your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- With contenders drying up in both divisions, the UFC may now be all in on a Amanda Nunes vs. Cris Cyborg super-fight. The fight at 145 pounds would take place in Las Vegas in the winter.
- Despite being done with the UFC, rumor is Vitor Belfort is far from done with MMA. One Championship, Rizin and some possible one-off promos will be knocking at the future UFC Hall of Famer’s door.
- Rumors are heating up about CM Punk making a return to pro wrestling and leaving the UFC beyond. Maybe not yet in an in-ring capacity but a special appearance soon may be looming for the former WWE star.
- Rumor is Brock Lesnar’s next match for the WWE will be the main event of SummerSlam in August. The Brooklyn WWE show could be the last on Lesnar’s current contract and would still allow him to book a UFC fight before the end of the year.
- The locations for Bellator’s final two fights of its heavyweight Grand Prix has been narrowed down to New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago. Both remaining semifinal fights will likely main event separate cards and take place in the fall.
- Huge if true, but James Toney, Dada 5000, CM Punk and Herschel Walker may be soon be joined by early 2000s rapper 50 Cent as celebrities who got themselves a MMA payday. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire and Bellator and Team 50 are talking about some kind of partnership that would make waves in the industry.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.