UFC Vegas 21 was simply uneventful. On paper, the card the already underwhelming. However, a lot of “mailed in” performances caused the event to drag heavily. On top of that, the main event between Leon Edwards and Belal Muhammad ended in an eye poke no contest. A fight between Eryk Anders and Darren Stewart also ended in a no-contest due to an illegal knee. Now that the dreadful event is over, it’s time to get excited for the rumor mill and all of its glory.
Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher-ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Authority always wins and so does the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill. Celebrate one of these on the seventh day of this great week.
- Of course, Henry Cejudo retired inside of the octagon after defeating Dominick Cruz at UFC 249. However, he continued to train and even call out different fighters in the bantamweight and flyweight divisions.
- However, we’re being told that Cejudo has officially been removed from the USADA testing pool. Thus, making his retirement official. At least until he puts his name back in someday.
- Ciryl Gane clinically picked apart Jairzinho Rozenstruik at UFC Vegas 20. While many saw the match as boring, that’s a different story for another day.
- Since then, he’s been called out by the likes of Derrick Lewis. According to tips told to us, the organization has already begun the process of making the match happen and is hopeful to get it done by May.
- If not May, the UFC would like to have Lewis, (a Texas native) fight in Texas once the UFC can sell out venues at max capacity.
Send Us Anonymous Tips
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.