By the time you’re reading this, the Playstation 4 should have this patch ready to go. It dropped around 7pm CST for Xbox One people, so I’ve been testing the new EA UFC all night. It’s even better, which makes me really stoked but also breaks my heart. Why? Because this latest patch just shows how incomplete EA UFC was at launch. The ability to catch kicks (even if the head kick catch is wonky) is great. The new takedown animations are smooth and much needed. Removing the sweep from full guard from like, half the roster is a solid move, and hey, who can complain about 3 new fighters?
Seriously, Matt Brown was made for this game. I love picking him and then just going crazy.
I’ll be streaming today, fighting some doods and highlighting the changes for you guys to see (the game is much slower I feel). Here are the compiled patch notes by EA Forum user tallUNLMTD (follow him on Twitter.)
- – Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Welterweight: Matt Brown, Mike Pyle and 1 at Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic
– Updates to fighter records
– Gameplay – Added Referee TKO stoppage if dominant fighter throws too many blocked strikes without the submissive fighter trying to improve his position
– Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.
– Gameplay – Added new defensive standup transitions from Full Guard. Moved Sweep to Advanced Transition
– Gameplay – Added Back Mount escape for submissive fighter
– Gameplay – Added manual taunts. Press Left or Right Directional buttons to taunt
– Gameplay – Successful Basic Single Leg Takedowns will now end in Half Guard
– Online – Added Coins to Championships. Watch partner videos from the Home Panel and earn Coins to trade in for Season Points
- – Fixed issue where dominant fighter could stall transitions
– Fixed an exploit where fighters could sneak in a free hammer fist during Posture up and down animations
– Fixed exploit in Side Control where users could land a free shot after transitioning to Side Control.
– Fixed an issue with Cage Clinch Break denial inputs.
– Tuning – Increased base punch speed of all weight classes
– Tuning – AI tuned to be less aggressive. AI is more aware of stamina and fight pacing.
– Tuning – Duration and probability of Health Events has been tuned
– Tuning – Stamina loss on strikes landed has been adjusted
– Tuning – Tuned denial windows for various ground transitions, getups and submission attempts
– Tuning – Animation speeds adjusted for strikes that were being abused Online
– Added delay on submission attempts after a failed submission.
– Submissions cannot be attempted when attacker has minimal Stamina
– Fighters can change stances while blocking
– Adjusted Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s and Robbie Lawler’s Hand Power and Speed attributes
- – Fixed issue where Crucifix was unavailable in career. Will now be available on new Career save files after purchasing transition.
- – Allow users to view Fighter Stats and Abilities in Online Championships Fighter Select Screen
– Disabled Online Pause in all Online modes. User can still access the Pause menu, however it does not pause gameplay.
– Tuned White Belt promotion and division belt thresholds
- Fixed an issue with incorrect video for ‘GSP Switch Kick’ move.
– Fixed a crash when adjusting Walk out music
– Fixed an issue with Mat damage
– Changed Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s stance to southpaw
– Various replay fixes