I’m not overly fond of EA UFC. I dabble from time to time, but I’ve gotten to the point where I only play against the dudes here at MiddleEasy under “K1 rules.” Which actually makes the game a much better experience. Try it. Sunday Night Fights never die!
I might have to dabble a little bit more because the third free content update is on its way for EA UFC for Playstation 4 and Xbox One and with it comes two new fighters – Gunner Nelson and Tim Kennedy. Which is by all means awesome, but what really gets me off the stool is the addition of Nick Diaz to Middleweight.
And those key updates via EA:
- Finish the Fight 2.0: Finish off a rocked opponent, running them down across the Octagon with a flurry of punches once they’ve been wobbled.
- Guillotine Takedown Reversals: Users can now attempt a Guillotine submission while being taken down. This move is only available to fighters who can perform a Guillotine choke from Full Guard. To initiate the submission, deny the takedown by pressing R1/RB and down on the Right Stick.
- Takedown Variety: More variety added to takedowns based on denial and input times. Perfect takedowns will now end in Half Guard, while late denials or inputs will end in Full Guard.
- Slips: Back slips will now hold longer to avoid strikes and side slips now have improved evasive properties.
- Fatigued Kicks: New animations now added for fatigued kicks during health events or low stamina.
- Nick Diaz in Middleweight Division: Silva vs. Diaz might still be four months off, but with Nick now available for play in the Middleweight division, you can start matching them up immediately. Manual Taunts have never been so useful.