So the lesson we can cull from Columbus, Georgia resident Walter Serpit is that if your apartment is on fire, ensure that your friends and family are in safety before rushing into the burning building to save your beer. Here’s a statement he made shortly after he successfully rescued a few Bud Lights from imminent danger.
“I told them to get the kids out and everything, and me myself, being an alcoholic, I was trying to get my beer out. I went back into the house like a dummy and the door shut on me because this back draft was about to kill me.”
Apparently a water heater broke inside the apartment which started to smolder and eventually lit the building ablaze. Sure we can explain the entire ordeal to you, but we know you came for the video goodness, so check it out.