Wanderlei Silva Says He’s Fighting ‘Rampage’ Jackson For Fourth Time On Sept. 29 In California

It’s almost a year since MMA veteran Wanderlei Silva’s grudge match with trash talker Chael Sonnen ended in a crushing decision loss at Bellator 180, and speculations begin that Silva and Quinton Jackson will fight in September.

Previously Bellator President Scott Coker confirmed the promotion is working on a showdown between Wanderlei Silva and Quinton Jackson for a fourth fight.

Today, Silva posted a video revealing Bellator reached him out for a potential fight against Rampage in September a card that has not announced yet.

”Like people say, it’s very hard for a good professional to retire,” Silva said. “I just got a call from Bellator inviting to be part of the Sept. 29 (card) against Quinton Jackson in the main event in California. It’s our fourth bout, I won two of the first three, so it’s 2-1 for me.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkP8_JtA4rg/?utm_source=ig_embed

Silva won the first two bouts via knockout during their days in Pride back in 2003 and 2004, respectively, while “Rampage” bounced back to score a knockout win himself at UFC 92 in 2008.

Rampage most recent fight was also against Sonnen at heavyweight Grand Prix last month at Bellator 192. He lost the bout via unanimous decision.

For more MMA News, Rumors and Updates follow the Red Monster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here