Paul Daley resigns with Bellator MMA.
Earlier this year veteran knockout artist Paul Daley said he’s no longer a Bellator fighter. After a recent rift with the promotion, Daley requested to released from his Bellator contract. He took to social media to say the company obliged, which would make him a free agent.
Bellator President Scott Coker and Daley met earlier this month; the two were working on a new deal via his management. On Friday welterweight striker posted on Social media that he signed a new deal with the company:
After the new contract, Daley issued a response to Kickboxing champion Joe Schilling who also signs new MMA contract with Bellator recently, expressed interest in Paul Daley and ready to drop to the welterweight division.
“So former Glory kickboxing champion Joe Schilling has called me out to fight in Bellator MMA he’s gonna fight at 170lbs up to 205 he says, now he’s made the full time cross over from kickboxing, signing a new multi fight deal with Bellator MMA….. Well I just signed a new deal, I’m ready @bellatormma . WW tournament, Joe Schilling, I’m ready”
Daley, 35, who faced fellow ex-UFC contender Jon Fitch at Bellator 199, but lost the bout via decision this past May. Before this loss, hard-hitting Brit was coming off his highlight-reel knockout of top-10 welterweight Lorenz Larkin back in September.
The promotion rolling out a welterweight Grand Prix tournament that begins on Sept. 29, Daley has an opportunity to take on Joe in that tournament, if not the veteran has been lobbying to take out fellow Englishman Michael Page, so that could something Bellator can make it finalized.