About five or six years ago I went to see the band Whitechapel live -- they were filming a music video that night. As soon as the blast beats came over the speakers, this one person in the pit, pushed everyone out of their way to make room and began to dance with unparalleled violence. They had a hood on so I couldn't get a good look at them. Eventually their hood came off and to my surprise, the no more than 110 pound person who was cracking skulls, was a woman. The beautiful part of it was, no one was treating her any different because she was a woman. She got punched in the face a few times, as she punched other people in the face.
So if men and women can co-exist in a Josh pit, I see no reason as to why they can't co exist in Street MMA: the living room edition. As this female combatant displays, she can not only be competitive with a male, she can dominate them, earning a submission on mere seconds. With the UFC female talent pool being rather shallow and with Ronda seemingly getting more and more movie roles. It would be wise for Dana to sign this woman to a contract.
- A Lesson in Street MMA: Old guys on the beach clearly have old-guy strength
- Finally, it's BACK! Check out 'Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda: UFC Singapore'
- Here's that Brock Lesnar kimura arm break that everyone is talking about...
- Guy goes for a flying armbar and knocks himself out in this hilarious video
- If you thought Street MMA was bad, watch these high-security prison muay-thai fights from Thailand
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- This dude's business card can play Tetris, your move Bill Gates...
- South Park: The Stick of Truth is out, here are the top 7 censored scenes
- Manhoef vs. Cyborg II is happening, and it takes place at 'Gringo Super Fight'
- Rampage Jackson: Still violent
- King Mo keeps the Sengoku dream alive and advances in the Bellator LHW tournament