About five or six years ago I went to see the band Whitechapel live -- they were filming a music video that night. As soon as the blast beats came over the speakers, this one person in the pit, pushed everyone out of their way to make room and began to dance with unparalleled violence. They had a hood on so I couldn't get a good look at them. Eventually their hood came off and to my surprise, the no more than 110 pound person who was cracking skulls, was a woman. The beautiful part of it was, no one was treating her any different because she was a woman. She got punched in the face a few times, as she punched other people in the face.
So if men and women can co-exist in a Josh pit, I see no reason as to why they can't co exist in Street MMA: the living room edition. As this female combatant displays, she can not only be competitive with a male, she can dominate them, earning a submission on mere seconds. With the UFC female talent pool being rather shallow and with Ronda seemingly getting more and more movie roles. It would be wise for Dana to sign this woman to a contract.
- This Video Beautifully Breaks Down Kazushi Sakuraba's Grappling
- Kevin Casey out of Metamoris 5: So Ralek puts a $10,000 bounty on Vinny Magalhaes
- Throwback Thursday: Ronda Rousey and Nick Diaz grapple in the 209
- DstryrSG - Xande says you need judo, NOW!
- Let Us Now Count Down to Metamoris 4: Chael Sonnen vs. Andre Galvao
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- Throwback Thursday: Remember that time Leon Spinks wrestled Tarzan Goto?
- Hendricks vs Lawler is still the best fight of 2014, so let's watch it again, together
- Want a piece of MMA history? Jose Canseco is selling his finger on Ebay
- Max Kellerman, Virgil Hunter and Timothy Bradley talk Pacquiao/Algieri and it's wonderful
- Floyd Mayweather bought his son a Bentley golf cart for his 15th birthday