About five or six years ago I went to see the band Whitechapel live -- they were filming a music video that night. As soon as the blast beats came over the speakers, this one person in the pit, pushed everyone out of their way to make room and began to dance with unparalleled violence. They had a hood on so I couldn't get a good look at them. Eventually their hood came off and to my surprise, the no more than 110 pound person who was cracking skulls, was a woman. The beautiful part of it was, no one was treating her any different because she was a woman. She got punched in the face a few times, as she punched other people in the face.
So if men and women can co-exist in a Josh pit, I see no reason as to why they can't co exist in Street MMA: the living room edition. As this female combatant displays, she can not only be competitive with a male, she can dominate them, earning a submission on mere seconds. With the UFC female talent pool being rather shallow and with Ronda seemingly getting more and more movie roles. It would be wise for Dana to sign this woman to a contract.
- Throwback Thursday: Ronda Rousey and Nick Diaz grapple in the 209
- DstryrSG - Xande says you need judo, NOW!
- Let Us Now Count Down to Metamoris 4: Chael Sonnen vs. Andre Galvao
- A Lesson in Street MMA: Don't be a bully on the Atlantic City Boardwalk, or this may happen
- A Lesson in Street MMA: Greek meal goes to Greek BRAWL! Wow!
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- We wonder if Shogun's win over James Te Huna is the last he'll see in the Octagon
- The new Mario Kart 8 track will make you... excite...
- PS4's 2.0 Firmware Drops Today, Here's What's New
- Mike Tyson Mysteries debuts tonight at 10:30 est. Watch it or be dead to us
- This video will ramp up your anticipation for Bernard Hopkins vs. Sergey Kovalev