About five or six years ago I went to see the band Whitechapel live -- they were filming a music video that night. As soon as the blast beats came over the speakers, this one person in the pit, pushed everyone out of their way to make room and began to dance with unparalleled violence. They had a hood on so I couldn't get a good look at them. Eventually their hood came off and to my surprise, the no more than 110 pound person who was cracking skulls, was a woman. The beautiful part of it was, no one was treating her any different because she was a woman. She got punched in the face a few times, as she punched other people in the face.
So if men and women can co-exist in a Josh pit, I see no reason as to why they can't co exist in Street MMA: the living room edition. As this female combatant displays, she can not only be competitive with a male, she can dominate them, earning a submission on mere seconds. With the UFC female talent pool being rather shallow and with Ronda seemingly getting more and more movie roles. It would be wise for Dana to sign this woman to a contract.
- Let Us Now Count Down to Metamoris 4: Chael Sonnen vs. Andre Galvao
- A Lesson in Street MMA: Don't be a bully on the Atlantic City Boardwalk, or this may happen
- A Lesson in Street MMA: Greek meal goes to Greek BRAWL! Wow!
- A Lesson in Street MMA: Watch out for the katana-wielding crusaders
- A Lesson in Street MMA: Even Renzo Gracie can get arrested for brawling outside a NYC nightclub
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- Nick Diaz talks about his comeback while some intense music plays in the background
- So The Last of Us had scenes acted out last night and it was fantastic
- Here's a knockout from Shooto that happened and you need to watch it because... well JMMA
- Let's relive Gennady Golovkin's TKO victory over Daniel Geale
- Melvin Manhoef got knocked out this weekend and we have the video. Bummer.