I can’t seem to escape the “news” that Beyonce released an album. Is there a more overrated singer in the world today? Put your hand down Rihanna. The general public just don’t talk about the kind of things I want to hear. Actually, that’s kinda the reason MiddleEasy started posting more than MMA news. There is far too much interesting stuff out there that too few people touch on to not share it with you guys. For example, researchers in Germany have created the world’s first robot sperm.
Well, they say “robot” but it’s a robot in the same way placing toilet roll tubes on your cat’s legs makes it a robot. The researchers trapped bull sperm in tiny metal tubes which activated after ten minutes and were controlled through manipulating magnetic fields and heat. Of course, this sounds incredibly ludicrous but the researchers think that this could help fertilize eggs and also deliver drug. It turns out not all sci-fi sounding medical advances are terrifying after all.
New Scientist posted a video of some bull sperm being controlled by magnetic forces inside a metal tube which you can peruse at your leisure through the embedded video below.
Kieran is a freelance writer and psychology graduate from Scotland who wishes BoDog Fights still put on outdoor MMA events in Costa Rica.
Latest from Kieran McNairn
- Italian scientists have made the most sophisticated wearable robot in history
- Paying by fingerprint will soon be a thing
- Over 120 scientific papers have been withdrawn because they were computer generated
- Scientists of MiddleEasy, we need YOU!
- Mother Nature > Robots: The Ghost Knifefish is helping underwater robots 'see' in the dark