Rousey back to WWE, Fedor Bellator tourney, Cyborg and more in The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
MMA rumors never take a holiday off. Even as the world briefly hit pause for Thanksgiving mass consumption and Black Friday mass consumerism, MMA rumors still hover around the Earth’s atmosphere. Oven baked rumors at a discounted prices are still rumors worth looking into.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
Roll out of bed, crawl to your couch while wearing a clean pair of sweatpants, stretch out for the day because this is the post-Thanksgiving Holiday/Black Friday Apocalypse Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
- Rumors heating up of Ronda Rousey wanting to work a WWE program in early 2017. After UFC 207, the WWE is said to be very open to the idea and would like her to work with their current women’s champion Charlotte
- Cris Cyborg will corner Gabi Garcia in her RIZIN fight. Rumors are her current frustrations with UFC over a weight division that doesn’t exist lead her to exploring options outside of MMA or the UFC. Rizin?
- Rumor is there will be a tournament in 2017 to decide to crown the Bellator Heavyweight champion. Fedor vs Matt Mitrione will not be for a Bellator belt but sources say the winner match may get a bye or higher seeding in the proposed Bellator heavyweight grand prix.
- There was no truth to the rumor of UFC 206 getting canceled. In Vegas the idea of nixing their return to a Canada pay per view was never seriously considered even after the main event between Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson got the ax.
- Current Invicta FC Strawweight champion Angela Hill believes she could be the first two-weight Invicta champion and wants to fight Ayaka Hamasaki for her Atomweight championship. A challenge was issued on Twitter and was accepted by Hill who brought up the stipulation it be contested at Atomweight. Rumor is this could be Hill’s next title defense, the biggest fight in the organizations history, and her ticket back into the UFC fold
- Still in search of new revenue streams in 2017, sources say the new UFC ownership group may be looking to completely overhaul the Fight Pass streaming service. The new upgrades would also mean a price increase for “The Netflix of MMA” overhaul
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.