One more Rousey fight, a second McGregor boxing match and more in the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
If you survived UFC’s International Fight Week then congratulations. Though UFC’s 2017 version of International Fight Week’s bare little to no resemblance to the company’s original incarnations, the post-UFC 213 fallout is still as strong as ever.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Lather up in aloe vera juices while you put on a pair of sunglasses indoors then relax with your very own post-UFC 213 Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Crazy if true but now getting too loud to ignore. Not so quietly the UFC is trying to work with Ronda Rousey to get her back for one more pay-per-view this year. The talks are early and it would take the right situation for Rousey to even consider one more UFC fight but the rumors are there. Currently none other than Miesha Tate is the frontrunner for a possible Rowdy return at the UFC’s New Year’s Eve card in Vegas.
- Huge if true but looks Conor McGregor coming back to the UFC is growing less likely. Plans are in place, depending on the outcome of his match with Floyd Mayweather, to have McGregor take another boxing booking sometime in the first half of 2018.
- Former Pride FC and Strikeforce announcer Mauro Ranallo’s new deal with WWE is rumored to be for two years. Ranallo and the WWE appeared to have settled their backstage differences with the MMA vet expected to get another big push with the company
- Rumors are WWE has Brock Lesnar’s dance card set all the way up to WrestleMania 34. With plans to remain as champion until 2018, Lesnar’s next feud within in the WWE would include runs with Finn Balor, Braun Strowman, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns
- As expected after pulling out of UFC 213 main on the shortest notice possible, bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes is in the UFC’s doghouse. The company was floored by the news of her pulling out late Saturday morning and were even more surprised that they could not convince Nunes to push through and stay on to save the UFC 213 the card.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.