Nick Diaz return, GSP, UFC hall of fame and more in the post-UFC 206 Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
Oh Canada. Oh UFC 206 in Toronto. With an UFC Fight Night in New York and an UFC numbered pay per view in Canada the next night, the MMA rumors have nearly frozen over on impact. Back to back UFC events means double amount of rumors icing over the mill.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Bundle up, do not leave the confines of your warm bed and open up your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill like nobody is watching you.
- Sources say Nick Diaz is already close to being in fighting shape. Now that he is cleared to fight by the NAC overlords, rumor is Diaz may be on the UFC’s “call-in list” and could be ready to save a card on short notice if necessary. As crazy as it sounds, rumors are that Diaz is still being targeted to return in the main or co-main event of UFC 209.
- Huge if true but contract talks between the UFC and Georges St. Pierre’s team are reportedly closer than ever before. The disappointing UFC event in Canada and GSP’s participation in the MMAAA are rumored to be contributing factors in the significant jump in numbers.
- While Joe Rogan looks to be staying on, rumors continue to say Mike Goldberg will be getting replaced by a person that Dana White has wanted to join the UFC broadcast team for a very long time.
- A rumor is floating about that the UFC is once again considering inducting Kazushi Sakuraba into their Hall of Fame. The induction would go down at International Fight week and may coincide with a special UFC Fight Pass announcement
- The UFC has heavily promoted Doo Ho Choi in international markets as well as in the Asian sectors of Los Angeles recently. Sources say promotional higher-ups are grooming him to be the “Korean Conor McGregor” and if he keeps climbing the ladder, he will be in title contention sooner than you think despite loss to Cub Swanson in a FOTY candidate.
- An often-heard rumor going around repeatedly is that many in the MMA community believe those heavily involved in association or union talks may also be in line for new friendlier, brighter contracts in the coming months with the promotion you are thinking of.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.