This has 4 of my favorite 8 ingredients. If I can figure out how to add deer meat or peanut butter into Creme Brulee my life would be remarkably better... I'll work on that.
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat the egg yolks (like Hendo beat Michal Bisping), 4 tablespoons sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until thick, creamy, and smooth.
- Pour cream into a saucepan and stir over low heat until it almost comes to boil. Remove from heat immediately. Stir cream into the egg yolk mixture; beat like Bisping again.
- Pour cream mixture into the top of a double boiler. Stir over simmering water around 3 minutes. Remove from heat immediately and pour into a cute little shallow dish (insert totally inappropriate chauvinistic comment).
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to broil or pull our your kick ass BLOW TORCH.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons white sugar and brown sugar. Sift this mixture evenly over custard. Place dish under broiler or use an AWESOME blow torch (like me) until sugar melts, about 2 minutes. Watch carefully so as not to burn (or set anything else on fire.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate until custard is set again.
Be sure to check out more of my work on Middleeasy!
- Cooking with Tim Kennedy: French Onion Soup with Beef Wellington
- Cooking with Tim Kennedy: Shrimp Ceviche
- Cooking with Tim Kennedy: 'Coq au Vin' (Zombie Apocalypse edition)
- Cooking with Tim Kennedy: Chicken and Gnocchi
- Cooking with Tim Kennedy: Thai shrimp pizza!
- Cooking with Tim Kennedy: Fondue fun times!
- Cooking with Tim Kennedy: Goat Cheese Marinara