As we are cutting weight getting ready for a fight we limit our calories. This is a big issue with allot of fighters. They end up eating the same thing every night. Chicken one night, and fish the next get kind of boring.
Just because you have you loose 30lbs in a month doesn't mean that you can't do it with style. From BBQ chicken sandwiches, turkey bacon BLT's, to Shrimp Ceviche a little bit of imagination can to a long way with a starving MMA fighter.
- 1 pounds of uncooked shrimp
- 1 large red onion
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 fresh squeezed oranges
- 2 fresh squeezed lemons
- 2 fresh squeezed limes
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horse radish
- 2 jalapenos
- 1/2 bushel of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Boil water with salt and pepper in a pan. After it boils, add shrimp. Let it boil for 3 minutes (or until shrimp becomes lightly red) and remove from heat, drain, and place shrimp in the refrigerator.
- Mince the onion and jalapenos.
- Cube the tomatoes into small squares.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion, tomatoes, jalapenos, orange, lime and lemon juice, ketchup, horse radish cilantro, garlic salt and pepper. Once the shrimp has cooled, add shrimp and mix.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes in the fridge
Serve with crackers, and cerveza (if you are not cutting). Use it as an appetizer, or eat it out of a bowl with a spoon.
Be sure to check out more of my work on Middleeasy!