Ah, FF7. I remember when My Dad let me skip two crucial days of the beginning weeks of my freshman year in highschool just so I could play the hell out of this gem. I did it all -- Gold Chocobo, Ruby and Emerald weapon defeated -- I played so much my clock timer reset. A big LOL at Square Enix for thinking a completionist would spend less than 100 hours on FF7 in those golden years called the late 90's.
Square released FF7 on PC originally in June of 1998, and it benefitted from the usual type of PC/console differences. IE resolutions, load times, etc. But now it's been re-rereleased, and then re-re-rereleased on Steam, as of today: July 4th. So now we get cloud saves, Steam achievements that are horribly lame, and the PC re-release's 'Character Booster,' which promises to give you Gil, XP and other bonuses whenever you 'need' them. Be wary about that booster, I've heard it crashes games.
So if you're down for some classic FF7 goodness, get it on Steam at the fair price of $11.99 starting now. It's hard not to get pumped to play again after watching the trailer, I'll admit.
Jason began his writing career with crayons put to construction paper, then he moved on to 8 x 10 cursive ruled paper in grade school, then eventually to the computer, where he now writes every single day for better or worse. Jason enjoys freedom, videogames, and the martial arts. Interested in booking Jason for birthdays or family gatherings? Send him an email.
Latest from Jason Nawara
- Jesus, the Fight Church held a Muay Thai fight that ended in a double low blow finish!
- WHOA TV - Paul Daley talks Melvin Manhoef, Bjorn Rebney and more
- Watch Floyd Mayweather react in horror as Marcos Maidana bites his glove
- Revenge: Bigfoot Silva gets knocked out by Andrei Arvloski in their rematch
- Floppy arm alert: WSOF's Sidemar Honorio shatters the arm of Matt Lozano with a kick