Ah, FF7. I remember when My Dad let me skip two crucial days of the beginning weeks of my freshman year in highschool just so I could play the hell out of this gem. I did it all -- Gold Chocobo, Ruby and Emerald weapon defeated -- I played so much my clock timer reset. A big LOL at Square Enix for thinking a completionist would spend less than 100 hours on FF7 in those golden years called the late 90's.
Square released FF7 on PC originally in June of 1998, and it benefitted from the usual type of PC/console differences. IE resolutions, load times, etc. But now it's been re-rereleased, and then re-re-rereleased on Steam, as of today: July 4th. So now we get cloud saves, Steam achievements that are horribly lame, and the PC re-release's 'Character Booster,' which promises to give you Gil, XP and other bonuses whenever you 'need' them. Be wary about that booster, I've heard it crashes games.
So if you're down for some classic FF7 goodness, get it on Steam at the fair price of $11.99 starting now. It's hard not to get pumped to play again after watching the trailer, I'll admit.
Jason began his writing career with crayons put to construction paper, then he moved on to 8 x 10 cursive ruled paper in grade school, then eventually to the computer, where he now writes every single day for better or worse. Jason enjoys freedom, videogames, and the martial arts. Interested in booking Jason for birthdays or family gatherings? Send him an email.
Latest from Jason Nawara
- Tim Kennedy defeats Michael Bisping in a raucous bout of wrestling and fisticuffs
- Dustin Poirier - badass, UFC featherweight wins record holder
- KJ Noons obliterates Sam Stout's dome in this first round knockout then Stout taps the ref
- Chad Mendes' pool jump was cool, but BJ Penn's was better. Here's why
- We Superchat about EA UFC, Bruce Lee and how friggin' tough it is to make an MMA game