Anderson vs. Weidman has been a fight fueled entirely by the hype that Weidman has all of the tools needed to bring Anderson out of the Matrix and into reality, and it's laid on really, really thick here in this main event preview by the UFC. Just about everyone knows Anderson Silva is one of the greatest fighters ever, and they admit that in this video, but in the same breath they are picking Weidman to win. So I ask you this, dear MiddleEasy readers: haven't we seen this before? Hasn't every fight Anderson's took part in over the last 4-5 years been built up like this? So what happens if Anderson destroys Weidman? It pretty much debases all of these promos and makes me think these fighters don't know what they're ever talking about. Go against Anderson? They really have been punched in the head too many times.
That's not stopping me from eating all this up with a spoon, though. I can't wait until Saturday night.
Jason began his writing career with crayons put to construction paper, then he moved on to 8 x 10 cursive ruled paper in grade school, then eventually to the computer, where he now writes every single day for better or worse. Jason enjoys freedom, videogames, and the martial arts. Interested in booking Jason for birthdays or family gatherings? Send him an email.
Latest from Jason Nawara
- The best subs and knockouts of the year, from The Fight Network and Robin Black
- It seems like it would really suck to hold pads for Buakaw
- Jon Fitch discusses everything that's wrong with America in this brilliant clip from VladTV
- Will an expert on treadmill running tell us if these Daniel Cormier numbers are, 'total BS'?
- A particularly violent Russian event gave us these replays, via @Caposa