Anderson vs. Weidman has been a fight fueled entirely by the hype that Weidman has all of the tools needed to bring Anderson out of the Matrix and into reality, and it's laid on really, really thick here in this main event preview by the UFC. Just about everyone knows Anderson Silva is one of the greatest fighters ever, and they admit that in this video, but in the same breath they are picking Weidman to win. So I ask you this, dear MiddleEasy readers: haven't we seen this before? Hasn't every fight Anderson's took part in over the last 4-5 years been built up like this? So what happens if Anderson destroys Weidman? It pretty much debases all of these promos and makes me think these fighters don't know what they're ever talking about. Go against Anderson? They really have been punched in the head too many times.
That's not stopping me from eating all this up with a spoon, though. I can't wait until Saturday night.
Jason began his writing career with crayons put to construction paper, then he moved on to 8 x 10 cursive ruled paper in grade school, then eventually to the computer, where he now writes every single day for better or worse. Jason enjoys freedom, videogames, and the martial arts. Interested in booking Jason for birthdays or family gatherings? Send him an email.
Latest from Jason Nawara
- Frankie Edgar mauls Cub Swanson for 24 minutes and 56 seconds before a neck crank from hell
- Here's a replay of Alexey Oliynyk absolutely destroying Jake Rosholt's consciousness
- The Paige Vanzant craze starts now
- Metamoris starts in just a few hours, enhance your hype with this trailer
- Here's 21 funny and awkward MMA staredowns, slightly ruined by the music