As much as we’ve seen of Bungie’s upcoming shooter, Destiny, we still don’t know a hell of a lot about the game. We know that it is going to be a shooter, we know that it is going to feature a persistent online world, but we’ve also been fed the line that it won’t be a MMO or like “anything that we’ve ever seen before.” Destiny looks pretty cool, but we are kind of biting our tongues on this one. Destiny has the ability to be something special or just another shooter in a world of enough shooters as it is.
Bungie has lifted their embargo on Destiny that they had selected press under, so now we are starting to see a deluge of Destiny news coming out, some of it good, some of it bad. Hell, Kotaku even said that Destiny was “boring.” Was the hype just hype, or do they have something? I guess that we’ll see on September 9th, but for now, let’s watch some new gameplay.
Dave Walsh is a writer residing in Albuquerque, New Mexico who is best known for his work as a Kickboxing and Mixed Martial Arts journalist. His work has been featured on a number of publications, including BloodyElbow.com, MiddleEasy.com, CageSideSeats.com, Heavy.com as well as his own site, LiverKick.com.
His first novel, The Godslayer, is on sale now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Jon Jones Comes Clean About Nike Sponsorship Loss, Perjury is Afoot
- This Video Highlights the Hilarity of Botched High Risk MMA Attacks
- UFC Pumping You Up for Jones vs. Cormier with a Bad Blood Video
- Weird, Illegal 5 vs. 5 MMA Fights Coming to US PPV
- CM Punk Says He Won't Crumble Upon Being Punched Like Brock Did