There’s something fascinating about someone being one of the best in the world at something. No matter what it is, your eyes will be glued to that one person. I can’t help but watch someone who’s considered the best at something. I find myself watching golf because of Tiger Woods, watching Takeru Kobayashi eat, even watching Daigo play Street Fighter. I’ll watch Messi play soccer -- and yes, I'll watch Jimmie Johnson race a car. Now some of these sports or activities I’m a fan of, some of them I’m not, but if one of these peoples are at the top of their game, there is not a chance in the world I’m missing it.
With the release of the Xbox One only a few days behind us, it has launched with some pretty killer games. One of them being Killer Instinct, a game that’s been in the making for 17 years, except KI2 doesn’t really count because that game didn’t exactly have the best roster and the entire female cast had a super weird Janet Jackson look. So Killer Instinct had a lot of hype surrounding it and it appears to have delivered, after watching a good deal of high level play, I can say without a doubt, EVO 2014 can’t come here soon enough. In the mean time, check out Maximilian playing FilthieRich one of the Double Helix developers.
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- This dude's business card can play Tetris, your move Bill Gates...
- South Park: The Stick of Truth is out, here are the top 7 censored scenes
- Manhoef vs. Cyborg II is happening, and it takes place at 'Gringo Super Fight'
- Rampage Jackson: Still violent
- King Mo keeps the Sengoku dream alive and advances in the Bellator LHW tournament