I recently got a chance to play through some Donkey Kong Country and my god I nearly forgot how much I adore that game. The controls are so damn tight, the difficulty curve is well balanced -- it’s still a beautiful game even though the boss battles are pretty much all repeated, I don’t care. The game is a masterpiece and shows what a true platformer really is.
Wait, I forgot to mention the soundtrack of Donkey Kong Country. It’s so good -- Aquatic Ambience is one of the most beautiful songs ever made. David Wise, the composer of the game did things that should not be technically possible on an SNES cartridge.
This brings me to my point. If I ever hit the Powerball, my first purchase will not be a shiny new PC, or a Pagani Zonda R. It will be this complete collection of every US SNES game ever made -- a purchase that will set me back around $13,000 dollars, not to mention shipping and handling. It even includes Earthbound and Super 3d Noah's Ark some of the rarest cartridges ever to be manufactured. Click here if you have the loot to bid on this complete SNES cartridge collection on eBay for me. Thanks.
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- The trailer for season 2 of Telltale's The Walking Dead is harrowing
- If you thought Street MMA was bad, watch these high-security prison muay-thai fights from Thailand
- Frank Mir and Jon Jones got into a fight at an after-party in Russia, now watch the video
- GTA V's Trevor Philips is real and he's carrying a dead body around California
- This is the most amazing stop motion you'll see in your entire life