Last night was a weird night on AXS TV. Why? Because CM Punk was hosting the red carpet event for AXS TV during the Alternative Press Music Awards in his first big, public appearance since he left the WWE back in late January. He also used his gimmick name, CM Punk, as opposed to Phil Brooks like he has in other appearances. This is probably it, Punk is done with WWE, it’s over. He’s moved on, fans need to move on.
There was an interesting moment last night when Punk was with Joan Jett, the punk rocker known for empowering females for the past few decades. He decided to bring up the fact that Ronda Rousey uses “Bad Reputation” as her walkout song in the UFC, asking Jett what she thinks about it. Her response was great, with her saying that she always loves it when her music is used to help people express themselves.
Dave Walsh is a writer residing in Albuquerque, New Mexico who is best known for his work as a Kickboxing and Mixed Martial Arts journalist. His work has been featured on a number of publications, including BloodyElbow.com, MiddleEasy.com, CageSideSeats.com, Heavy.com as well as his own site, LiverKick.com.
His first novel, The Godslayer, is on sale now.
- Not UFC fighting until 2016 CM Punk does MMA things in this new Frank Turner music video
- The top ten WWE stolen finishers ranked plus a MITB infographic is your 2015 Money in the Bank preview
- Bethe Correia acts like an asshole, then apologizes to Ronda Rousey but is still kind of an asshole
- Passive-aggressive Miesha Tate is passive-aggressive, says she would fight Cyborg
- Ronda Rousey chatted with Howard Stern and here's the uncensored interview
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Jon Jones Comes Clean About Nike Sponsorship Loss, Perjury is Afoot
- This Video Highlights the Hilarity of Botched High Risk MMA Attacks
- UFC Pumping You Up for Jones vs. Cormier with a Bad Blood Video
- Weird, Illegal 5 vs. 5 MMA Fights Coming to US PPV
- CM Punk Says He Won't Crumble Upon Being Punched Like Brock Did