UFC head honcho Dana White might have spoken a bit candidly when he said that Chael Sonnen is kicking back on a pile of money for retirement.
According to paperwork snagged by MMA Junkie, the Nevada State Athletic Commission is fining Chael $250,000 bucks for his latest round of failed drug tests, which makes sense if you count $50,000 for each PED(Or $1000 per testosterone shot?).
That's not chump change either, since it's exactly what Chael made in his last two fights:
UFC 167: $100,000
UFC Fight Night 26: $100,000 + $50,000 Bonus
Here's the thing, though—Chael doesn't have to (and probably won't) pay a damn thing.
Although the NSAC can make sure Chael's never licensed to fight again, that kinda doesn't matter if he stays retired. I mean, they don't have the power or authority to arrest him. And sure, the NSAC could sue him, but those poor doofuses can barely keep their offices clean.
Besides, we'd totally bet that Chael's the kind of guy who'll B.S. about the fee, say he "meant to pay it," and never actually does. Gangster.
- Joan Jett Thinks That It's 'So Cool' That Ronda Rousey Uses Bad Reputation
- The Latest DNA Teaser From WhoaTV Captures UFC Dublin's Magic
- Retirement already? The weird and awesome contrasting persona of Rin Nakai
- Cub Swanson on Guinness, Golf and Conor McGregor
- We Now Channel Our Energies to Matt Brown vs. Robbie Lawler with Road to the Octagon