There are many many fights in MMA that never happened. You always hear about the same couple of fights; Fedor vs. literally every heavyweight he never fought, Wand vs. Shogun, Kid vs. Faber, Anderson vs. GSP, Rickson vs. Sakuraba. These are the fights you hear over and over from people in the MMA world, endlessly debating who would've won in their prime. Well it doesn't matter, not in the least bit. Do you want to know why?
Because the greatest mixed martial arts bout to have never happened isn't any of these. It's Hong Man Choi vs. Shaquille O'Neal. This is the freak fight to end all of freak fights. Just imagine this at a Dynamite event on new years eve, Saitama Super Arena, thousands of fans and you can hear a pin drop as the bell rings, Shaq and Hong Man Choi meet at the center of the white ring. If you don't get goosebumps then you don't know how to have fun.
I have news for you folks! The dream isn't dead as Shaq is still training doing some work on the pads, so hopefully one day, we will see the one fight to rule them all Shaq vs. Hong Man Choi.
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- Here are your free PS+ games for January 1, 2015
- Daniel Bryan's appearance on RAW last night, was something that can never be replicated
- You can rob store-owners with snowballs in GTA V
- Want to see the top five boxing matches of the year? Here they are
- Santa brought us two episodes of Botchamania for Christmas