In about the 11th grade at my school, a bunch of kids in my grade decided that they wanted to start a "fight club". I of course laughed hysterically about this notion, because A. people with no background or training in fighting actually fighting is hilarious and B. I knew it was never going to happen. They got really into the planning of it too, they were talking about how someone would be the king badass of the school and such. The story goes that since they pretty much told the entire school about this "fight club" that the cops broke it up the day it was going to happen. Which let's be honest, is totally and complete nonsense. No one showed up because they all like the Idea of being in a "fight club" but actually getting punched in the face, isn't something they could actually deal with.
Now, I'm sure you're familiar with the movie Knuckle. If you aren't it delves into the world of bare knuckle boxing. Now while that deals with the sport on a very unsanctioned level. There are people actively trying to grow it in the UK. They put on the first American vs. Brit match up for the belt in over 150 years. While this isn't street MMA, the fight at the end is one of the best non MMA fights we've posted here in a while.
Well done, Vice.
- Marco Huck and Krzysztof Glowacki put on boxing’s match of the year, watch the ring rope KO finish
- DEVELOPING: Mayweather and Pacquiao to Fight, UFC Needs New Strawman
- Mickey Rourke's Punching Bag Admits to Taking a Dive for $15k
- It's Official: Mickey Rourke Beat Up a Hobo in Moscow
- Max Kellerman, Virgil Hunter and Timothy Bradley talk Pacquiao/Algieri and it's wonderful
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- Want to see the top five boxing matches of the year? Here they are
- Watch the trailer for Phuket Dreaming, the best MMA doc made this year
- This might be the best Cro Cop shirt of all time
- Huell from Breaking Bad is now training BJJ, FUTURE FIGHT WITH CM PUNK POSSIBLE!?
- Gorilla Productions gives us the 20 best boxing knockouts of 2014