Judging by everything that's being said on social media regarding Bjorn Rebney's departure from Bellator, the MMA world now has a clear picture on who the former CEO really was. Despite your opinion on Rebney, the guy thought highly of himself -- so highly that he actually commissioned Bobby Razak to create a promo called 'The Promoter' of him being as much of a 'bro' as possible to everyone in the Bellator promotion.
I first saw a rough draft of this promo on Razak's iPhone during a Glory event sometime last year. Things were blurry at the time, considering the fact that Razak thought it would be a great idea to take psilocybin mushrooms and get a front-row seat to men kicking other men inside of a ring. It was a novel idea at the time, but all the blood and sweat flinging in our direction didn't give me a greater sense of being or a better understanding of the universe. Nevertheless I did see this never-before-seen promo, and it's been hibernating on a hard drive ever since, well until now.
The story behind this promo is Bjorn Rebney wanted to show the media how great of a rapport he had with his staff and fighters. In order to do this he requested a slo-motion, behind-the-shoulder camera following him during an event with pre-scripted interactions with his staff. Once the video was done, Rebney tried to push this through Spike TV as another on-air promo, but the entire concept was immediately rejected by executives at Viacom.
Now, MiddleEasy is revealing this stuff to you, since we love you, all of you (even you too Bjorn Rebney).
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- EDITORIAL: Josh Neer Gym Video The Final Disgrace
- UFC Cro-Cop Blocks Bellator: saves Mirko Filipovic from impulsive fling with Scott Coker
- War Machine finds Jesus Christ, becomes a good person
- Scott Coker Wants Fedor to Come Home to Cokertor
- Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson Signs with the UFC, Breaking His Bellator Contract
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- This is my last article on MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!