His name is Niklas Bäckström, or Niklas Backstrom for those people that don't know how to make those funny characters on their keyboard. He fights at 145 lbs, has a record of 7-0 and he was born on the same year George H. W. Bush inaugurated as 41st US President. Oh, just a few days ago he front kick KOd a dude in just 15 second, exactly like Anderson Silva did to Vitor Belfort a couple years ago. Of course that's where all the 'Swedish Anderson Silva' comparisons are coming from -- Bäckström still hasn't broke his leg in a fight or danced with Justin Bieber on a Brazilian talk show, yet.
Fortunately we have video of his most recent fight at last weekend's Europa MMA against Max Coga, and it's rather remarkable. Now check out this 'Swedish Anderson Silva,' if you're into that sort of thing.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Alexander Gustafsson is almost the sexiest man in Sweden
- Alexander Gustafsson just made knocking out Jimi Manuwa look easy at UFC London
- Watch this Swedish hockey referee choke an unruly player until he taps out
- This is how Swedes reacted when Alexander Gustafsson took down Jon Jones at UFC 165
- Let Bas Rutten break down Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson for you
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- This is my last article on MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!