It seems that everyone wants to challenge Michael Bisping. No, I literally mean, everyone.
A long list of individuals including Tim Kennedy, Cung Le, your mother, my mother, that guy who owns the Chinese takeaway down the road from you and your grandmother in her little retirement home (bless her), want to be the Brit’s next opponent.
You can add Luke Rockhold to that list.
Shortly after Rockhold did more damage to Costa Philippou’s liver than alcohol could ever wish to do; the last Strikeforce middleweight champion told us he wanted to fight Vitor Belfort. But more realistically, he mentioned that he would not mind fighting the ‘Count.’ Of course, Bisping got word, and ‘congratulated’ Rockhold.
@LukeRockhold congrats on the win. Still hurt over me telling the truth about how I handed you your ass that time? Join the queue big fella.— michael (@bisping) January 16, 2014
@bisping Sad thing is I was able to compete hungover off a 5 wk bender switching my stance & goin 3 rds straight n the best shape of ur life— Luke Rockhold (@LukeRockhold) January 16, 2014
Somewhere along the line, Rockhold had apparently developed a thirst for liver:
@bisping I will take your liver home and eat it with some fava beans.— Luke Rockhold (@LukeRockhold) January 16, 2014
So, there’s that.
With Tim Kennedy calling him what ever he can between ranting about guns, and now, Rockhold threatening to eat his liver, Bisping is not short on opponents to fight when he does eventually return from his eye injury.
Joel is a journalism student who spends his time being the token black guy in various groups. He has an addiction to Subway, which he should really consider getting help for.
- Video: Luke Rockhold says he wants to slap the shit outta Conor McGregor, maybe while wearing a ring
- Luke Rockhold posing with Taylor Swift for a photo-op is peak Luke Rockhold
- Don't worry fans of handsome men; Luke Rockhold says title fight with Chris Weidman is still on
- Steven Segal hurting Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida squeezing out sweat from his shirt is your UFC on FOX preview
- Watch the UFC on Fox: Machida vs. Rockhold weigh-ins and get results with all your favorite YouTube commentators
Latest from Joel Muckett
- Nick Diaz tells us about that goddamn gold and white or blue and black dress
- To err is human - Big John's 'Finest Moments'
- Mike Tyson gently soothes motorcyclist hit by car while calling for help
- Al Batal is TUF in the Middle East, and it's back for a second season
- Pokken: The Tekken/Pokemon crossover you never asked for