It seems that everyone wants to challenge Michael Bisping. No, I literally mean, everyone.
A long list of individuals including Tim Kennedy, Cung Le, your mother, my mother, that guy who owns the Chinese takeaway down the road from you and your grandmother in her little retirement home (bless her), want to be the Brit’s next opponent.
You can add Luke Rockhold to that list.
Shortly after Rockhold did more damage to Costa Philippou’s liver than alcohol could ever wish to do; the last Strikeforce middleweight champion told us he wanted to fight Vitor Belfort. But more realistically, he mentioned that he would not mind fighting the ‘Count.’ Of course, Bisping got word, and ‘congratulated’ Rockhold.
@LukeRockhold congrats on the win. Still hurt over me telling the truth about how I handed you your ass that time? Join the queue big fella.— michael (@bisping) January 16, 2014
@bisping Sad thing is I was able to compete hungover off a 5 wk bender switching my stance & goin 3 rds straight n the best shape of ur life— Luke Rockhold (@LukeRockhold) January 16, 2014
Somewhere along the line, Rockhold had apparently developed a thirst for liver:
@bisping I will take your liver home and eat it with some fava beans.— Luke Rockhold (@LukeRockhold) January 16, 2014
So, there’s that.
With Tim Kennedy calling him what ever he can between ranting about guns, and now, Rockhold threatening to eat his liver, Bisping is not short on opponents to fight when he does eventually return from his eye injury.
Joel is a journalism student who spends his time being the token black guy in various groups. He has an addiction to Subway, which he should really consider getting help for.
- Luke Rockhold kicked Costas Philippou's liver into the afterlife at UFC Fight Night 35
- Conor McGregor is still calling out Diego Sanchez, this time on Twitter
- Wolf Tickets: The MMA industry, fake Twitter followers and you!
- Check out Sh*t people tweeted @MiddleEasy during UFC 165
- Check out Sh*t people tweeted @MiddleEasy during UFC Fight Night 28
Latest from Joel Muckett
- The Legend of Zelda, Oculus Rift style
- Ricco Rodriguez vs. Denis Stojnic went down in Bosnia last night, and it had a controversial ending
- Watch this fighter quit in the middle of his match and then hop out of the cage
- Guillermo del Toro created the greatest Simpsons couch gag, seriously
- Renzo Gracie wants to get back into the Octagon