I think we should all give Georges St. Pierre a slow round of applause for announcing that he will vacate the UFC welterweight belt to take some time to enjoy life. This afternoon GSP and the UFC held a conference call to announce something 'the fans wanted to hear' according to Dana. Some predicted it would be a rematch against Johny Hendricks, but I (along with a few people) heard from sources that it would be an imminent 'leave of absence' from MMA while vacating his UFC welterweight title. I've also heard from sources that GSP's hear just isn't in the sport anymore. The guy is burned out -- and we completely understand.
Throughout the call, GSP was teasing that he would come back to the sport but we all know that's a veiled lie. St. Pierre is finished with MMA. Jesus Christ has a better chance of returning to Earth than GSP returning to the UFC.
However we all know what Georges St. Pierre was avoiding -- the UFC poster curse. Retirement is the only way to duck the metaphysical realm of poster jinxes.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Alright this Nick Diaz and Georges St. Pierre buddy cop cartoon is pretty funny
- Baller Alert: Georges St. Pierre hosts a Bacardi Rum party, under the influence of Bacardi Rum
- Georges St. Pierre admits he has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Georges St. Pierre says he's 'not afraid' of Dana White
- Check out Georges St. Pierre in full costume on the set of Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Joey Bada$$ made Phil Davis' UFC 172 walkout music, and it's pretty badass
- There you have it, Dan Henderson vs. Daniel Cormier at UFC 173, winner gets a title shot
- You have NEVER seen Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson from this angle, ever
- Glover Teixeira says he will be shocked if Jon Jones dominates him at UFC 172
- A Lesson in Street MMA: Never cheap shot a fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt, EVER