If we were to write a top ten list of controversial topics in MMA, steroids and TRT would probably be up the top, and with the list of fading heroes keeping a mainstream audience interested in MMA in general on the rise, there could be no other #1 topic in my mind. If this list existed, I'd wager late referee stoppages would at least be in the top 5. I'd probably place it at #2 or #3.
It now seems we can't have a weekend without a controversial late stoppage which is just as well because we have to give MMA opponents something to write about. Some people are still upset about Jessica Andrade and Rosi Sexton's donnybrook but those people are behind the curve or hung up on gender. The new fight to be upset about features a UFC veteran, a right hook and a stoppage so late even the White Rabbit would have got there first.
David Loiseau never quite lived up to his potential in the UFC but he's on a decent win streak right now and at the weekend, he took on Mike Kent at Canada's Extreme Cage Combat 18. Not only did he keep this win streak going, he also knocked out Kent three times in fifteen seconds. At least that's what it looks like. Check it out for yourself in the video below.
Kieran is a freelance writer and psychology graduate from Scotland who wishes BoDog Fights still put on outdoor MMA events in Costa Rica.
- The sound from this 5-second KO will stick with you for the rest of your life
- Guy gets knocked out and his body does a little dance on the canvas
- If you missed Tyrone Spong's one-punch KO at Glory 11, check it out right here
- Douglas Lima's KO over Ben Saunders is Walk-Off KO of the Year worthy
- Herb Dean says he was pretty confused when Anderson Silva was KOd by Chris Weidman
Latest from Kieran McNairn
- The Yakuza have finally entered the digital world, and it's amateur
- This kid built a mind-controlled prosthetic arm, your life is invalid
- Finally, a thinking cap that really can help you learn
- Breaking Bad Alert: Welsh teacher is caught with cocaine lab worth $1.5 million
- Instead of curing cancer, let's just blow it up