If we were to write a top ten list of controversial topics in MMA, steroids and TRT would probably be up the top, and with the list of fading heroes keeping a mainstream audience interested in MMA in general on the rise, there could be no other #1 topic in my mind. If this list existed, I'd wager late referee stoppages would at least be in the top 5. I'd probably place it at #2 or #3.
It now seems we can't have a weekend without a controversial late stoppage which is just as well because we have to give MMA opponents something to write about. Some people are still upset about Jessica Andrade and Rosi Sexton's donnybrook but those people are behind the curve or hung up on gender. The new fight to be upset about features a UFC veteran, a right hook and a stoppage so late even the White Rabbit would have got there first.
David Loiseau never quite lived up to his potential in the UFC but he's on a decent win streak right now and at the weekend, he took on Mike Kent at Canada's Extreme Cage Combat 18. Not only did he keep this win streak going, he also knocked out Kent three times in fifteen seconds. At least that's what it looks like. Check it out for yourself in the video below.
Kieran is a freelance writer and psychology graduate from Scotland who wishes BoDog Fights still put on outdoor MMA events in Costa Rica.
- There Was Another Knee KO in MMA Last Night That You Probably Haven't Seen Yet
- GLORY's Top 20 KO's Parts 1 and 2
- This absolutely ridiculous upkick KO happened on TUF: Latin America last week
- Daniel Straus decimated Justin Wilcox with this left hook in just 50 seconds
- Ahmed Elbiali's Knock Out of Dwayne Williams is Beautiful
Latest from Kieran McNairn
- This man bent a car door in half with his bare hands to save someone, is he a member of X-men?
- Facebook has been experimenting on its users, and the UK isn't pleased
- The Yakuza have finally entered the digital world, and it's amateur
- This kid built a mind-controlled prosthetic arm, your life is invalid
- Finally, a thinking cap that really can help you learn