Ben Askren passes guard like cops pass through red lights in Los Angeles. I'm convinced that Ben Askren could takedown God at will, let alone any 170lber out there. I've scanned my mental Rolodex of other welterweights and the only names I can extract are Georges St. Pierre, Jake Shields and Tyron Woodley -- and I would donate all the food in my refrigerator to see each of those fights. There's a reason why Askren is ranked in our official Frate Trane list. There are few things that exist in this universe that can stop Ben Askren from putting you on your back. You, not me. It would be silly to get in the cage with this guy. I'm quite fine with my box of Devil's Food Cookies and my DVD box set of The Golden Girls.
Askren is a man without a promotion. Bellator is waiting to counter UFC's offer, and UFC is calling Bellator out on their shenanigans. In the meantime, it appears Ben Askren is going to wrestle 2012 NCAA champion Quentin Wright this weekend in Las Vegas and all of you can see it on PPV.
Check out a trailer from the upcoming match. PPV wrestling match, wow. Although to be fair it's not really PPV, more like subscription based.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Don't live another minute without watching this Grapple at the Garden 2013 video
- Ben Askren has signed with ONE FC and it looks like he's fighting Phil Baroni...
- Ben Askren says he would retire from MMA if he signed to UFC and lost to Rory MacDonald
- Bellator released Ben Askren from the promotion, and why you should really be surprised
- Watch Ben Askren completely demolish the 2013 NCAA Division I 197-pound wrestling champion this past weekend
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Glover Teixeira says he will be shocked if Jon Jones dominates him at UFC 172
- A Lesson in Street MMA: Never cheap shot a fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt, EVER
- Lyoto Machida took this video of his superhuman-like balance just to rub it in your face
- Boxing's Elie Seckbach trashes Joe Rogan for discussing Rousey vs. Mayweather
- Watch Jon Jones teach MMA to Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan