Ben Askren passes guard like cops pass through red lights in Los Angeles. I'm convinced that Ben Askren could takedown God at will, let alone any 170lber out there. I've scanned my mental Rolodex of other welterweights and the only names I can extract are Georges St. Pierre, Jake Shields and Tyron Woodley -- and I would donate all the food in my refrigerator to see each of those fights. There's a reason why Askren is ranked in our official Frate Trane list. There are few things that exist in this universe that can stop Ben Askren from putting you on your back. You, not me. It would be silly to get in the cage with this guy. I'm quite fine with my box of Devil's Food Cookies and my DVD box set of The Golden Girls.
Askren is a man without a promotion. Bellator is waiting to counter UFC's offer, and UFC is calling Bellator out on their shenanigans. In the meantime, it appears Ben Askren is going to wrestle 2012 NCAA champion Quentin Wright this weekend in Las Vegas and all of you can see it on PPV.
Check out a trailer from the upcoming match. PPV wrestling match, wow. Although to be fair it's not really PPV, more like subscription based.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- So Ben Askren’s mom found a video. Let’s watch Askren wrestle Chris Weidman from 2001
- Breaking: This photo of Ben Askren and Joe Silva shows that he’s in the UFC!
- Everyone Races to Post Photo of CM Punk's First Day Before Each Other
- REPORT: Roufusport to Enter the Professional Wrassling Business
- The WWE has the strangest merch
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!
- Ben Askren brings up some pretty valid points regarding the 2014 World Cup