The bearded Roy Nelson -- sounds like something that should be immediately followed up with a NSFW.
For those that don't know the strangely prolonged saga between Roy Nelson and Daniel Cormier, let me attempt to give you a brief primer while this bizarre insect rests on my keyboard, directly on top of the letter in between 'Z' and 'C'. Let's hope I don't have to use that key -- I don't necessarily want to deal with a (another) squished creature this afternoon. Don't worry, it will only take once sentence since I'm the king of contextual brevity...DAMN. There it goes. The bug is squished. It's gone. I just had to use a big word in an attempt to seem more sophisticated than what I really am. Well, so that happened.
Daniel Cormier petitioned to the Texas athletic commissioner for Roy Nelson to shave/trim his beard prior to their bout at UFC 166 in Houston. Some of you may remember Pat Healy was forced to shave his facial hair just hours before UFC 165 due to the Ontario commission deeming it 'unsafe.' Texas on the other hand has denied Daniel Cormier's complaint in regards to Roy Nelson shaving his beard prior to their fight according to a report last night on 'UFC Tonight.'
Cormier filing an official complaint against Roy Nelson's beard seems more along the lines of mental games than a valid health concern. In the end, the beard wins. The beard also wins, apparently -- except in Toronto.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- We have a Twitter triple-threat match: Jon Jones vs. Ben Askren vs. Daniel Cormier
- UFC 166 was an unsettling affair
- So the Houston Rockets really loved watching UFC 166, especially Diego Sanchez
- Still hungover from Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez? Check out this highlight of the UFC 166 bout
- Check out Sh*t people tweeted @MiddleEasy during UFC 166
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Check out Sh*t people tweeted @MiddleEasy during UFC Fight Night 33
- The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill - Monday Morning Edition
- Heads up Southern California, U of MMA goes down today at 4pm in Club Nokia
- Sure we'll watch Matt Horwich talk about quantum physics while looking like an albino Jimi Hendrix
- Watch Rampage Jackson use Django Unchained as a microcosm for race relations in Germany and the US