Shortly after Paul Harris' herculean ankle lock over Mike Pierce, Dana White announced that Palhares would not get the submission of the night bonus due to the lock being held too long. UFC officials have also deemed it to be 'unsportsmanlike' and they're investigating it with a potential for additional punishment.
After watching it again it seems like when the ref jumped in, Palhares let go of the sub so I'm not quite sure why the UFC is reacting so severe. Check out the full finish below and decide for yourself.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Greg Jackson pulled off a gnarly Russian accent when cornering Rustam Khabilov at UFC Fight Night 42
- Chael Sonnen hosted a press conference in Brazil to rip into Wanderlei, and here are the highlights
- If you missed it, Shogun Rua was robbed at gunpoint in Brazil
- Melvin Manhoef vs. Evangelista Cyborg II just happened, and this is how it ended...
- Blast to the Past: Remember when a 20-year-old Wanderlei Silva fought bareknuckle in Brazil? We do
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- This is my last article on MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!