Shortly after Paul Harris' herculean ankle lock over Mike Pierce, Dana White announced that Palhares would not get the submission of the night bonus due to the lock being held too long. UFC officials have also deemed it to be 'unsportsmanlike' and they're investigating it with a potential for additional punishment.
After watching it again it seems like when the ref jumped in, Palhares let go of the sub so I'm not quite sure why the UFC is reacting so severe. Check out the full finish below and decide for yourself.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Blast to the Past: Remember when a 20-year-old Wanderlei Silva fought bareknuckle in Brazil? We do
- The Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva TUF Brazil brawl looks pretty legit to us
- Roy Nelson pulled off the Walk-Off KO of the Year at UFC Fight Night 39
- Luis Sapo Santos just pulled off the most beautifully violent KO at XFC International 3
- You Be The Judge: Did Paul Harris hold the heel hook too long at WSOF 9?
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- There you have it, Dan Henderson vs. Daniel Cormier at UFC 173, winner gets a title shot
- You have NEVER seen Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson from this angle, ever
- Glover Teixeira says he will be shocked if Jon Jones dominates him at UFC 172
- A Lesson in Street MMA: Never cheap shot a fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt, EVER
- Lyoto Machida took this video of his superhuman-like balance just to rub it in your face