Imagine Spike TV being the home of K-1 during its peak, and not UFC in its infancy. We would have never been able to witness men urinate in the fruit bowls of other men in The Ultimate Fighter nor could we witness the innumerable amount of Spike TV-to-PPV lead-ins we've seen for nearly a decade. Without Spike TV, the UFC would have never been at the level it is today, and without the UFC, Spike TV would have never been able to give MiddleEasy an opportunity to create a show for them, only to pass on it months later.
Albie Hecht, the founder of Spike TV and the former president of Nickelodeon Entertainment sat down with Andrew Falzon (the same guy from WAMMA) and discussed the earlier days of Spike TV and how they nearly went with K-1 Kickboxing over UFC. A lot of interesting stuff is in this six minute interview from CUNY TV, so check it out.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Despite looking like a masochist, Cro-Cop is probably a healthy hedonist who is ready for his final round
- Left leg Kei University Hospital, right leg Yanaka Cemetery
- Mirko Cro Cop: and the lats remain the same
- This might be the best Cro Cop shirt of all time
- Mirko Cro Cop Wants You to Join His Online Academy
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- This is my last article on MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!