Imagine Spike TV being the home of K-1 during its peak, and not UFC in its infancy. We would have never been able to witness men urinate in the fruit bowls of other men in The Ultimate Fighter nor could we witness the innumerable amount of Spike TV-to-PPV lead-ins we've seen for nearly a decade. Without Spike TV, the UFC would have never been at the level it is today, and without the UFC, Spike TV would have never been able to give MiddleEasy an opportunity to create a show for them, only to pass on it months later.
Albie Hecht, the founder of Spike TV and the former president of Nickelodeon Entertainment sat down with Andrew Falzon (the same guy from WAMMA) and discussed the earlier days of Spike TV and how they nearly went with K-1 Kickboxing over UFC. A lot of interesting stuff is in this six minute interview from CUNY TV, so check it out.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Pat Barry has joined GLORY Kickboxing, but his next fight is actually against this guy...
- Bellator PPV will now be offered for FREE on Spike TV
- Rampage Jackson will star in a Spike TV reality show called 'Rampage4Real,' so check out a clip from it
- If you missed Tyrone Spong's one-punch KO at Glory 11, check it out right here
- Kickboxer's body can't decide if it's knocked out in this hilarious video
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Fabricio Werdum decimated Travis Browne's entire reality at UFC on FOX 11
- How much would you pay for this hypothetical Bellator vs. World Series of Fighting PPV card?
- Relive Cat Zingano's KO over Miesha Tate in beautiful wood burned animation
- Let's watch 40 geeks transform into half-assed MMA fighters
- Bjorn Rebney says calling Ronda Rousey the biggest star in MMA is disrespectful