Ah it’s weigh-in day. The day when the fighters march grumpily on the scales and look a bit disoriented while knowing that all their hopes and dreams of the last month hang on a fifteen or twenty-five minute match tomorrow.
It’s also the day when Ariel Helwani releases his entire batch of exclusive one-on-one interviews in which he poses questions fighters just can’t help but answer appropriately.
In his pre-fight interview with the reporter who 'nose,' Schaub states that not only does he have no regrets concerning his Metamoris match—he actually claims that his 'shutting down' of Cyborg Abreu helped the grappling centric sport.
While he did bring fresh eyeballs to the competition, I’m not sure his performance actually helped it. I mean he didn’t exactly steamroll anyone, but hey at least Royce Gracie thought he won. I guess.
Anyways here’s the video, you know you want to here this man speak. Go to the 3:00 mark for the goods.
TS Johnson is a Texas native currently studying Journalism at the University of North Texas in Denton, a town which tries its hardest to be Austin but fails miserably. He is currently the web content editor for the NT Daily at UNT, but still finds time to blog about crap happening in or around his life. Interests include snapback hats, Amanda Bynes' twitter account and crappy television shows.
- Replay: Whoa, UFC fighter Sara McMann got tapped by 16 year old Alex Enriquez at a jiu-jitsu tourney
- Video: Davi Ramos pulls off a filthy jumping armbar in the finals at ADCC 2015
- Son of Rickson, Kron Gracie armbars opponent in MMA debut
- Joe Rogan Has Some Real Talk For Brendan Schaub
- The Gracie Breakdown of Metamoris 5 is Infectious
Latest from TS Johnson
- Weidman says Machida > Anderson
- Ben Askren wants to lay on Georges St. Pierre for as long as he damn well pleases
- BJ Penn is coming back to the Octagon at featherweight and against Frankie Edgar, whoa!
- Dan Henderson vs. Vitor Belfort II is slated for November 9th in Brazil
- Joe Rogan questions everything, even his own commentating