It's wildly known that drug tests are virtually non-existent in Canada, which led Nick Diaz to claim Georges St. Pierre consistently fights there because he's on 'plenty steroids.' Well he was right in the sense that the Ontario Athletic Commission doesn't test fighters since there's no law in the Ontario Athletics Control Act Regulation that requires the commission to perform mandatory drug tests. The other stuff Diaz said, egh we're not so sure about.
British Columbia lawyer @erikmagraken wrote a recent article regarding the lack of drug testing that will be administered for UFC 165. Today he received correspondence from the OAC stating that although they will not be testing for performance enhancing drugs at UFC 165, they will rely on UFC to give them samples -- however they don't even know what they're testing for.
Ontario’s Office of the Athletics Commissioner advises me that “UFC’s contract with fighters provides for random drug testing at events. At UFC 165, an OAC physician will oversee the collection of samples for the tests.” I have asked the AC’s office for a copy of the contractual clause triggering the commission’s right to test but they are not prepared to release this.
Perhaps more interestingly, I asked which drugs will be against the rules for UFC 165 to which the OAC responds “The OAC does not require drug testing of fighters, and does not have a list of prohibited drugs. Information regarding the drugs that the UFC is testing for would have to be obtained from the promoter.“
So let's recap here. Fighters at UFC 165 may or may not be drug tested depending on a clause that may or may not exist between the OAC and UFC, and the drugs that fighters may or may not be tested for isn't even understood by the actual testers. Unfortunately we can't provide life jackets to save you from drowning in this nonsense. You're on your own.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Frank Mir and Jon Jones got into a fight at an after-party in Russia, now watch the video
- Rampage Jackson would happily break the knees of 'dirty fighter' Jon Jones so he can't fight again
- Bummer, Jon Jones plans on retiring at 30 (that's four more years, you guys)
- Unexpected photo of the day: Jon Jones hanging out with Badr Hari in Russia
- Cro Cop thinks it's disrespectful that UFC fighters came to his Legends press conference
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Ronda Rousey says she's Batman and Miesha Tate is Scarface, the women's division is Gotham City
- Baller Alert: Guys puts his iPhone in his pocket before disarming a robber and saving innocent lives
- Check out Ronda Rousey in this teaser trailer for The Expendables 3
- You decide: Is this video of Renato Laranja vs. Chris Weidman real, or just a gag?
- This spinning heel kick to the liver is so brutal that it will change the color of your urine