Eddie Bravo may have invented the concept of the rubber guard as a staple of 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, but perhaps the greatest practitioner of the rubber guard is none other than Evolve MMA's Shinya Aoki. Although his colorful spats haven't seen the ring or cage in years, we still remember when Aoki would wrap the equivalent of a nylon rainbow around his opponent's neck. Those days of the technicolor submissions are finished, however his impeccable rubber guard still remains.
Now considering the fact that Aoki has probably slapped ever submission from rubber guard imaginable, I wonder what he calls this move this amateur fighter pulled off in Nemesis Fighting Alliance. Props to @KnockoutFootage for the find.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Guy wins MMA fight with a reverse Boston crab, off his BACK!
- Want to go to UofMMA tomorrow at the Nokia Theater for FREE? Then read this!
- Spinning roundhouse kick KO directly to the head? You've got to see this...
- We bet you can't identify this confusing submission from Cage Warriors 60
- Watch this referee body slam this fighter that wouldn't stop after the bell
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Fabricio Werdum decimated Travis Browne's entire reality at UFC on FOX 11
- How much would you pay for this hypothetical Bellator vs. World Series of Fighting PPV card?
- Relive Cat Zingano's KO over Miesha Tate in beautiful wood burned animation
- Let's watch 40 geeks transform into half-assed MMA fighters
- Bjorn Rebney says calling Ronda Rousey the biggest star in MMA is disrespectful