Eddie Bravo may have invented the concept of the rubber guard as a staple of 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, but perhaps the greatest practitioner of the rubber guard is none other than Evolve MMA's Shinya Aoki. Although his colorful spats haven't seen the ring or cage in years, we still remember when Aoki would wrap the equivalent of a nylon rainbow around his opponent's neck. Those days of the technicolor submissions are finished, however his impeccable rubber guard still remains.
Now considering the fact that Aoki has probably slapped ever submission from rubber guard imaginable, I wonder what he calls this move this amateur fighter pulled off in Nemesis Fighting Alliance. Props to @KnockoutFootage for the find.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Spinning roundhouse kick KO directly to the head? You've got to see this...
- We bet you can't identify this confusing submission from Cage Warriors 60
- Watch this referee body slam this fighter that wouldn't stop after the bell
- Scissor chokes don't always work in MMA, but when they do it's pretty impressive
- Amateur MMA fighter gets hit on the chin and goes to instant faceplant KO mode
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Lorenzo Fertitta says the UFC will be here for the next 100 years
- Bucky Boyd is BACK, and he's fighting Tree for the THIRD TIME
- Check out the trailer for a new MMA action movie starring Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida
- Shonie Carter interviews Don Frye in one of the most confusing MMA videos of 2014
- Former TUFer Luke Cummo has challenged Joe Rogan to a 'conflict resolution' meeting