Eddie Bravo may have invented the concept of the rubber guard as a staple of 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, but perhaps the greatest practitioner of the rubber guard is none other than Evolve MMA's Shinya Aoki. Although his colorful spats haven't seen the ring or cage in years, we still remember when Aoki would wrap the equivalent of a nylon rainbow around his opponent's neck. Those days of the technicolor submissions are finished, however his impeccable rubber guard still remains.
Now considering the fact that Aoki has probably slapped ever submission from rubber guard imaginable, I wonder what he calls this move this amateur fighter pulled off in Nemesis Fighting Alliance. Props to @KnockoutFootage for the find.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Video: Jumping triangle choke leads to hell-bows, slam, and a midair cage nap
- Jake Shields taps Ryan Ford in the first round at WSOF 14
- Pawel Wolack denied pro MMA license by inept and sadistic Illinois Athletic Commission
- Guy wins MMA fight with a reverse Boston crab, off his BACK!
- Want to go to UofMMA tomorrow at the Nokia Theater for FREE? Then read this!
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!
- Ben Askren brings up some pretty valid points regarding the 2014 World Cup