Eddie Bravo may have invented the concept of the rubber guard as a staple of 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, but perhaps the greatest practitioner of the rubber guard is none other than Evolve MMA's Shinya Aoki. Although his colorful spats haven't seen the ring or cage in years, we still remember when Aoki would wrap the equivalent of a nylon rainbow around his opponent's neck. Those days of the technicolor submissions are finished, however his impeccable rubber guard still remains.
Now considering the fact that Aoki has probably slapped ever submission from rubber guard imaginable, I wonder what he calls this move this amateur fighter pulled off in Nemesis Fighting Alliance. Props to @KnockoutFootage for the find.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Spinning roundhouse kick KO directly to the head? You've got to see this...
- We bet you can't identify this confusing submission from Cage Warriors 60
- Watch this referee body slam this fighter that wouldn't stop after the bell
- Scissor chokes don't always work in MMA, but when they do it's pretty impressive
- Amateur MMA fighter gets hit on the chin and goes to instant faceplant KO mode
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Never forget these ridiculously sloppy punches were exchanged at UFC London...
- Check out Sh*t people tweeted @MiddleEasy during UFC London
- Alexander Gustafsson just made knocking out Jimi Manuwa look easy at UFC London
- Eduardo Dantas may have pulled off submission of the year at Bellator 111
- Lavar Johnson manifested absolute brutality in the Bellator heavyweight tournament