The ratings are in for last night's UFC-a-thon; another UFC Fight Night on Wednesday in a place called Belo, Brazil along with the premiere of the highly anticipated TUF: Tate vs. Rousey. According to the UG's 'MMALogic,' the UFC Fight Night prelims pulled 270k viewers, 539k viewers for the main card, and TUF grabbed 762k viewers.
In comparison, Bellator's most recent card (Bellator 97) pulled 676k and it was also on a Wednesday.
If the writing is on the wall, then I'm not that sophisticated enough to decipher it. However, Dana White did respond to these numbers in a thread on the UG.
Distatorous? MMALogic is pretty good but he's way off on this one. We were #1 on all of cable with M18-34 and M18-49. We also beat out the US Open and the Detroit vs. Red Sox MLB game. This is all part of the building process. We've made a commitment to work with FOX to build this network. If you look at all the other networks we've ever been on, we consistently pull strong ratings.
The first time we put our prelims on FX, we pulled 880K viewers and it grew, depending on the fight, up to 1.9 million viewers for UFC 156. Also, the TUF season with Carwin and Big Country averged 822K viewers, then Jones vs. Sonnen averaged 1.3 million viewers.
We currently hold the top 4 most watched telecasts on FS1 since the network launched. To be honest, our Prelim and Fight Night numbers weren't bad considering we started on the west coast at 2pm in the afternoon on a Wednesday. The most important thing is last nights fights were awesome and this season of TUF is great.
Yes, we didn't pull 1 million+ but we will. But, we also fucked up last night by not starting the main event later so that we could get a live lead into TUF. The bottom line is FOX couldn't be happier with the UFC and the ratings we're pulling and we couldn't be happier with the way we have been treated by the network.
Yes fuckers my secretary typed this not me. :)
Dana White should focus less on UFC numbers and more on getting a new secretary because the first word of that entire statement is misspelled.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- DEVELOPING: Mayweather and Pacquiao to Fight, UFC Needs New Strawman
- UFC Fan Admits to Using PEDs to Power Through UFC Fight Night Event
- Wednesday's Dana White Come to Jesus Meeting Set to Not Be Fun
- Anderson Silva yanked from TUF: Brazil 4, which is actually filming in Vegas, unfortunately
- Dana White saves UFC from Usher, vetoes pretentious Anderson Silva walkout song change
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- This is my last article on MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!