Tim Kennedy announced late Wednesday evening that he will be taking on Lyoto Machida in the middleweight division on November in UFC: Fight for the Troops 3. It's been a while since we've seen one of those events, the last one in recent memory being when Steve Cantwell served a nasty dislocation to Rasak Al-Hassan's arm at the inaugural Fight for the Troops in 2008. Give me a silent head nod if you remember watching that moment live, and don't tell me your mouth wasn't dropped in horror while witnessing it.
So we have Lyoto Machida vs. Tim Kennedy slated, quite possibly as the main event this Fall. Now realistically, who do you see winning this fight. Got your pick? Good. Now imagine the other guy winning instead. Are you surprised? Yeah, me neither.
The point I'm trying to make is despite who you think will win between Machida vs. Kennedy, we live in a world in which Anderson Silva was knocked out by Chris Weidman and Ubereem was front kick KOd by Travis Browne. This year, everything imaginable in MMA as equal probability of happening. There are no odds anymore.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Woah, Andrei Arlovski is BACK in the UFC!
- Joey Bada$$ made Phil Davis' UFC 172 walkout music, and it's pretty badass
- There you have it, Dan Henderson vs. Daniel Cormier at UFC 173, winner gets a title shot
- You have NEVER seen Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson from this angle, ever
- Glover Teixeira says he will be shocked if Jon Jones dominates him at UFC 172