All day, we were like: "Nothin' much going on today, relax, take the day off. YOLO. Just get up the Spong .gif." Well, there was no Spong .gif. Some dude named Angel DeAnda just stood right in front of Tyrone Spong and ate up Spong's offense like it was some sort of delicious frozen yogurt with strawberries and ****. No one knows how the 5 foot 8, light heavyweight, DeAnda came from, but clearly he popped some sort of invulnerability potion because he was just shaking off Spong, who was absolutely expecting to finish this DeAnda.
And that's how one of the weirdest nights of fighting in years went down. If I didn't know better, I would've thought this went down in Texas. There was even a demon laugh halfway through the show. Did anyone else hear that? So goodnight, World Series of Fighting 4. We will remember you forever for Todd Harris' fantastic commentary, Bas Rutten's lucid observations, and the unlimited glory and FREE Boost Mobile phones* for ALL the winners.
*No contract required.
Thanks to Zombie Prophet the gifmaster.
Jason began his writing career with crayons put to construction paper, then he moved on to 8 x 10 cursive ruled paper in grade school, then eventually to the computer, where he now writes every single day for better or worse. Jason enjoys freedom, videogames, and the martial arts. Interested in booking Jason for birthdays or family gatherings? Send him an email.
Latest from Jason Nawara
- The best subs and knockouts of the year, from The Fight Network and Robin Black
- It seems like it would really suck to hold pads for Buakaw
- Jon Fitch discusses everything that's wrong with America in this brilliant clip from VladTV
- Will an expert on treadmill running tell us if these Daniel Cormier numbers are, 'total BS'?
- A particularly violent Russian event gave us these replays, via @Caposa