The best part of Scholastic outside of a few, choice, Calvin and Hobbes books was the Goosebumps series. At least I believe that looking through a pair of rose-tinted glasses. I'm a sucker for nostalgia. Those were good times, back then...
I read every Goosebumps book I could get my hands on, then reread quite a few of them. RL Stine was (or is) the Stephen King of children's horror, so hopefully we can buy Nick Robertson a few drinks and lean on him until he personally makes an Epic Rap Battle between Lewis Carroll and Mr. Stine. Nick's probably too busy off making Star Wars VII though.
Man, between Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of The Dark, kids in the 90's had a bunch of great softcore horror, didn't they?
Ah yes, back to the meat of the post. Ifitwerestine.tumblr.com is one of my favorite new... Tumblrs? It takes the classic style of a Goosebump cover and repurposes classic horror TV shows, classic horror movies and classic spooky videogames in a classic way. Here are a few examples, friends.
Check out more here!
Jason began his writing career with crayons put to construction paper, then he moved on to 8 x 10 cursive ruled paper in grade school, then eventually to the computer, where he now writes every single day for better or worse. Jason enjoys freedom, videogames, and the martial arts. Interested in booking Jason for birthdays or family gatherings? Send him an email.
Latest from Jason Nawara
- WHOA TV - Paul Daley talks Melvin Manhoef, Bjorn Rebney and more
- Watch Floyd Mayweather react in horror as Marcos Maidana bites his glove
- Revenge: Bigfoot Silva gets knocked out by Andrei Arvloski in their rematch
- Floppy arm alert: WSOF's Sidemar Honorio shatters the arm of Matt Lozano with a kick
- Here's Paul Daley claiming his latest victim, this time by liver shot