I know someone who is working on this movie in the art department. For the life of me, I can't remember who. That's pretty much sums up life in the LA area - bringing up that you know someone who is working on something but you aren't sure who. I mean, everyone is working on something in LA, some just have their soul sucked by Michael Bay as if he's some action movie Shang Tsung.
Eastman and Laird are turning over in their graves. (They aren't dead yet.) Sure, they are getting tons of cash, but the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle books are dark, gritty and gory affairs with very little complete and total destruction of entire cities (outside of one key scene in the first few books).
Leave it to Michael Bay to change that. He rapes your childhood and laughs as your tears stain your cheeks. Why can't TMNT be a ****ing ninja movie instead of the huge spot moment, building-toppling movie that Michael Bay makes every time?
I don't care, I'm not going to see this. I will write an article about the trailer though.
Jason began his writing career with crayons put to construction paper, then he moved on to 8 x 10 cursive ruled paper in grade school, then eventually to the computer, where he now writes every single day for better or worse. Jason enjoys freedom, videogames, and the martial arts. Interested in booking Jason for birthdays or family gatherings? Send him an email.
Latest from Jason Nawara
- Werdum may have his capoiera, but Cain Velasquez has some fresh B-boy moves
- Fight Nights Russia had the best drumming sequence in MMA since Dream 16
- If you fought Forrest Griffin on ice skates, he'd still beat you, but it wouldn't be easy for him
- A Lesson in Street MMA: Don't get choked out amidst the mountains of British Columbia
- BrandNewMac is back with his second EA UFC tutorial: Striking